Yes, it’s true the Sleepytot Bunny can help and support you as you wean your little one off their dummy as they grow older. We understand that some parents may be concerned that the Sleepytot Baby Comforter will have the opposite affect, however our experience, and that of countless other parents, has been that when it comes to weaning your little one off their dummy, the Sleepytot Baby Comforter has made the process simple.
Due to the strong bonding that babies and little ones form with their Sleepytot Bunny, when it comes to removing the dummy itself, your little one will still have their Sleepytot Bunny with them at all times – so they don’t experience the stress of removing the dummy itself.
Most parents are quite amazed at what happens when they remove the dummy from their little ones’ Sleepytot Baby Comforter. Lizzie’s mum was amazed at what happened when she removed the dummy from Lizzie’s Sleepytot Baby Comforter … Here’s Lizzie’s story …
“I was amazed at Lizzie’s reaction she turned her Sleepytot around a few times and then rolled over cuddled her Sleepytot and went to sleep.”Madeleine’s mum experienced very little reaction when she removed the dummy from Madeleine’s Sleepytot Baby Comforter …
“I also think the sleepytot was the ideal toy to wean her off her dummies (which we wanted to do before her sibling arrives) we gradually took a dummy away at a time and noticed she liked to tickle her face with with the ears and we had no fuss what so ever!”There is no 'right' time for getting rid of the dummy, but here are a few hints to get you started and to 'sew the seed' with your toddler that the dummy needs to go.
- Have a plan - even if its a 6 month plan of what you want to achieve and how you are going to do it.
- 'Sew that seed!'- start talking about how your toddler is becoming a big boy or girl and that dummy's are needed for younger children.
- Keep to the story! Is the dummy fairy going to take dummy away and be replaced with a new present, or are you going to hang dummy from a tree for other younger babies or children to 'take'.
- Look for opportunities to say goodbye. With us, Samuel needed a new soother as his was getting old. I put his new soother on Sleepytot,but he wasn't having a bar of it as it wasn't the same. Time for it to go......!
- We also gave Samuel a brand new Sleepytot as a gift for being a big boy, but a $2 car or small toy would be awesome too.
- Once you have made the decision - don't go back. Cut those soothers up and pop them in the bin.
"When you were really little, sometimes you would get sad. Sometimes you would feel tired or scared, and sometimes even mad. And when you felt all of these things, you used to suck your dummy. And always holding onto it was your sleepytot bunny........"