When my son was very little, he was such a serious wee chap. He hardly smiled, or made any acknowledgement as you sat in front of him pulling silly faces and making inappropriate noises to make him giggle. I was concerned.
In fact, its fair to say I shared my concern with Google.
Doctor Google told me not to worry, and that said emotions would happen when baby was ready.
Fast forward quite a few months, and my worry lines and wrinkles have now been replaced by combat scars.
My son is a LOUD, funny, cheeky, mischievous, and very rough little 3 year old that throws the most hugest tantrums you have ever seen. Most of them involve him ploughing into any family member fists pumping, legs kicking, mouth spurting a jumble of obscene words, the most common being “you are a poo poo bum, and I’m not your friend”.
I recently posted on my Facebook page about some of the reasons your toddler has tantrums.
I got a huge response, and spent about an hour reading them all, laughing my head off.
I have collated a few of my favourites so you too can be happy in the knowledge that you are not alone…..you may even feel a little normal after reading these!
- Because daddy gave Miss 3 Ramy instead of Lamby! (idenitical soft toys) Clearly he should know the difference – Amber
- Because she wanted me to turn off the wind….- Melissa
- Because I wouldn’t give her a steak knife to hug – Steph
- Because I told him to stop licking the mud off his gumboots – Christine
- The duck ate her bread out of her hand that she was feeding to the ducks – Rhonda
- Because I gave him the Shrewsbury biscuit with the heart shape in the middle. He will only eat the one with the round shape – Marieanne
- Because the dinosaurs I was offering to take him to see weren’t actually real and he wouldn’t go unless they were – Lee
- Because I simply walked past him – Rachel
- Because the sun looked at her “don’t look at me sun” she is just two – Rebecca
- Because he was angry that he was falling asleep and didn’t want to – Leslie
- Because I don’t let him sleep with his corn cob – Nicholas
- Because I took his teddy back out of time out – Luke
- Because the dog wouldn’t share his bone – Jenna
- Because he threw bread in the pond for the ducks and the fish ate it instead – Anna
- Because his bubble bath had bubbles in it – Abby
- Because her twin brothers got to pee standing up and she can’t – Tracey
- Because the blankie is too green – Sarah
- Because his ice block is too cold- Kisha
- Because he couldn’t find it. Find what? ‘ I don’t know’ he screams – Samantha
- Because I refused to change his clean nappy after “poo’s” which were actually just farts!- Carly
- Because I couldn’t stop night time coming – Kate
- Because I wouldn’t let him feed the dog a kg of grapes – Megan
- Because his meal was too hot – it had been cooling for an hour.
Does anyone else have any more reasons their toddler threw a tantrum. I would love for you to share!